If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years.

To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:

  • be a permanent resident and
  • submit your application in Canada


Visitor Visa Renewal

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor (stay in Canada longer), you need to apply before your current status expires. If you’re not sure when your status expires, find out how long you can stay in Canada by calling us.

If CIC approves your application to extend your stay in Canada, they will give you a visitor record.

A visitor record:

  • is a document that says how long you can stay in Canada
  • includes an expiry date; that’s the date that you must leave Canada by

A visitor record does not guarantee entry to Canada. If you plan to travel outside Canada or the United States, you need a valid entry document to return to Canada.

Student Visa Extension

If you want to keep studying, you need to extend your study permit. You should apply to extend your permit at least 30 days before it expires. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire at the same time. You can’t extend your study permit beyond your passport’s expiry date.

If you apply before your permit expires, you can stay in Canada under the same conditions as your current study permit until you get a decision.

You should apply to extend your study permit if you plan to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are travelling.

If your study permit expires, and you haven’t applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today! Talk to us about renewing your document. You can contact us directly by telephone at 1-604-685-4726 or by using the form bellow.